To apply for a position with Election Media, we need to know a little about you. Tell us who you are, what you have done, and most importantly, why you think you are a good fit. Get creative. We only hire the best, so knock our socks off!
We are looking for a lead software test engineer who is passionate about delivering high quality software, collaborates effectively with business and technical folks, and embraces agile methodologies and values. This role has a strong emphasis on writing and maintaining automated acceptance/regression tests against web applications.
- Lead a team of software test engineers to create a robust test framework
- Define and implement test suites for various aspects of software testing (e.g. things like functional, operational, performance, 'smoke', 'sanity', load and stress tests, etc)
- Collaborate with other team members (both Tech and non-Tech) to clarify business requirements, define acceptance criteria, and create test cases
- Conduct white-box and black-box testing of web applications to verify functional and non-functional requirements
- Verify, reproduce and document defects; assist in defect triage and root-cause analysis
- Improve testing strategy and practices throughout the entire organization
- Educate, teach, and mentor other team members on testing practices and tools
- Help define and measure metrics for tracking the quality of our application code base
- Support and improve development infrastructure including our continuous integration server and automated testing infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of software testing practices
- Experience with automated software testing tools ( e.g. things like Selenium, Watir, Twill, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile software development practices (experience working in an agile environment is a plus)